Thursday, March 12, 2009

Little things

It's the little things that make the biggest difference.

When I was pregnant, I was crazy. Really. About two steps short from complete insanity. Perhaps that's being too kind. I was probably actually two steps over the line.

Once, I became so upset by a bagger at the grocery store that I could barely function well enough to drive the five blocks back home. You see, he had packed my celery right next to my chicken. RAW chicken! TAINTED celery!!

When I brought the groceries into the house, I was so distraught that I couldn't even tell my husband what was wrong. Poor dear. He probably thought my or the baby's health was in jeopardy. Finally, through hysterical tears, I told him of the carelessness of the bagger (how COULD he pack my groceries like that???)

Calmly, my husband told me to take it easy and go lie down for a bit. He assured me that he would wash the celery. With soap. Holding that knowledge in my mind, I was able to go take a nap.

I will forever hold my husband in the highest regard for that action.

In these trying times, take a moment to think. Whose celery can you wash?

No comments: