Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Coupla Jerks, Part IIb: Great quote

Currently, I'm reading Planet Google, a pretty interesting read so far.

In light of my previous post on the foundation for ideas, I thought I'd share this excellent quote from the book with you. It's from Kevin Scott, a software engineering manager who used to work there.

Ideas at Google do not burst forth from the heads of geniuses and then find their way unimpeded to huge audiences of receptive users. Rather ideas emerge, are torn to shreds, reformulated, torn to shreds, prototyped, torn to shreds, launched to internal users, torn to shreds, rebuilt and relaunched, torn to shreds, refined some more...and launched, whereupon they are torn to shreds by bloggers, journalists, and competitors.
My take - away? Don't be afraid of letting your ideas get torn to shreds.

1 comment:

Dave Lopan said...

That's how you build big muscles!