Thursday, August 13, 2009

Another Friday Funny

Earlier this week, my family and I joined my mom and dad for a vacation up at Lake Erie. We had a fabulous time boating, fishing, and sight seeing.

On Tuesday evening, we all went to Mon Amie Winery for dinner. Mon Amie has an elegant restaurant, with waiters in crisp white shirts inviting you to try wine. My kids were coloring serenely on their children's menus while we waited for our food to arrive. I should have known this peaceful scene could not last.

My 4 year old daughter was seated to my right, my mom to my left. I was facing my mom, having a conversation about what we might do the next day, when I saw her eyes grow large at something behind me.

"What is she doing!?" my mom exclaimed as I turned to see what might be going on, and hoping it didn't involve anyone in my care. You know it did.

There, on her knees in the chair, was my 4 year old. She had her shorts pulled down to just below her butt cheeks and was earnestly scratching her behind. I'm not sure if the people at the next table noticed, because I was too busy jerking her pants back up and telling her not to bare herself in public.

"My bottom itches!" she told me, looking as though she were truly offended and like I was a complete idiot at not picking up on something so obvious.

I'm trying hard to find a creativity lesson in this, but can only laugh until tears come at the recollection. If you can come up with one, I'd love to hear it. Post in the comments.

No comments: